Sunday, August 4, 2013

Tree of Life

There are tons of things to do here in Phoenix!!  I'm really enjoying new hobbies and activities that I'm trying!!

Here is one I participated in a few weeks ago!!  I always wanted to try one of those painting classes - you know, the one where you paint and drink wine (although I'd opt out of the wine part)....

Great experience!!  Here are a few photos for you:

The painting was Gustav Klimt's "Tree of Life." The picture above shows a print close to the original.

This picture is closer to the painting we modeled.
I've tried to upload the picture from ART Revolution Tonight (this is the name of the company I painted with), but I couldn't get it to work.  I've added a link in the text here, for you to view the model painting yourself.  Click on "Gallery" once you go to the website and you'll see it.


              
This is Sherry, my neighbor, and her friend, Tonya!!  The three of us went together!!


Blank Canvas & Paints...

We followed step-by-step directions, but of course were able to make the painting our own and add our own touch.  I chose to use white to brighten the yellow on the top center to really make the center of my tree and branches POP!!  That is a virgin margarita, by the way....haha!

Finished product!!

The three of us & our paintings!!

I will certainly do this again!!!  So much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment